Tuesday 13 May 2014

Forex : 13th May : AUDUSD Exit

P&L Running Total - b/fwd 1 R Loss - Today 0.4 R Loss - c/fwd 1.4 R Loss

I was looking at this trade today and wondering why it wasn't performing as I expected despite picking the move.  It occurred to me that I had bought the wrong option for the trade I wanted.  Obviously, in a brain fade moment I bought an out of the money option rather than an at the money option.  



This may still play out as expected and one might argue that having spent the premium one might as well just let time slide by and see if it works out OK.  I'm not made like that - I like to trade my trades as I intended and kill them stone dead when I discover I have mad an error.  Right now the option prices at 14.0 and I paid 20.1 so that is near enough to a 0.4 R loss - consider it sold


No comments:

Post a Comment