Thursday 1 May 2014

April 2014 : How are we travelling?

When I started paper trading these three systems I might have guessed that we were in a period of consolidation but, the reality is, we never know if we are at a top, a bottom or in consolidation until after the fact.  All one can do is have an on/off switch and if that's on, start buying!

So far, with the index practically back where it started (-0.1%),  the Random system (+2.5%)  is still out performing the Hitcher (-1.8%) and Flipper (-12.5%) by a wide margin.

With few trades completed it is hard to extract any meaningful numbers from the past two months except to say that the Flipper seemed to be particularly churned which is why I added a turnover rule.  I probably should have done that in the first place as I never buy thinly traded stocks.


It will take a while yet for these systems to show their value.

No comments:

Post a Comment