Monday 23 December 2013

Closed Trades : BTT & PTM

The recent push up in the All Ordinaries has been a welcome respite from the bearish action of the last two months. In fact, this system turned back on last Friday's close but I won't be buying anything until January. Primarily this is because the holiday period is a very illiquid time but also because personal factors mean I may not be able to trade on my own account in the foreseeable future.  I need to see how these play out before I kick off a fresh group of trades.

This morning the markets made another little push up and that was enough for BTT and PTM to hit their initial targets.  It was a nice change from my recent results but I still haven't made a new equity high since the 8th November.

BTT was trending nicely when I bought it and the price surge over the past few days was too rapid for the target to be pushed up




PTM had similar price action to BTT.  There was a prior trade here that was a loss even though the trend never really changed.  This can be one of the less desirable features of shorter term trading systems.  All one can do is keep taking the trades as they come for as long as the trend lasts and let the probabilities play out.

Charts courtesy www.IncredibleCharts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment