Sunday 3 January 2016

Stocks 4th Jan 2016

Disclaimer - Read this first!

This is not a signal service. While endeavoring to post signals before time occasionally I will only be able to post signals a day or two late

I am not a financial adviser. These are paper trades. I am not suggesting you follow these signals. If you take any action based on my blog you do so at your own risk.


System status

WETT System** - Off (As at 16 November 2015) Take no extra positions. Stops ratchet up to protect capital

Opening Stock Trades

WETT System

Nil

Closing Stock Trades

WETT System

Sell PBG on Mondays open

Chart(s) of the day

Well that's the end of December. The WETT system has been running for a year now and has performed nicely compared to a flat All ords for the same period.

Of far more interest to me is that this is also a better result than my actual real money performance for the same period but I must take account of the fact that I use a different Nick Radge system and different strategies will outperform each other at different times

I think the WETT system has done nicely in this market because it buys shares that are generally cracking along nicely rather than looking for 'value'. In this vein I have been reading an excellent book - 'Stocks on the Move' by Andreus F. Clenow. I can't replicate his method without coughing up a few grand for software and data so I am formulating my own idea that I hope will also perform very well when the time is right. I will call this the Momo strategy. The Momo strategy uses a Bull/Bear switch which is OFF at the moment so I am starting it on the 1st Jan with an imaginary* $100,000 in the bank. It too will use weekly signals and also monthly re-balancing so watch this space

*On a side note - wouldn't it be nice if one could create real money at the same rate as imaginary money :)

_____________________________________


Disclosure - Personal Interests: ALU, GTY, ISD and MQA


All Stock charts courtesy of www.IncredibleCharts.com


** WETT Trading style is Similar to the methodology described in 'The Weekend Trend Trader' by Nick Radge. Buy his book if you wish to discover how I am generating these signals (note: I do not receive any benefit from promoting Nick Radge)

No comments:

Post a Comment